News and events
Conference on environmental sensitivities May 14, 2016
The month of May is the month of education and awareness on environmental sensitivities
This is a scent-tobacco-Wi-Fi-FREE event (http://www.aseq-ehaq-en.ca/scent-free-policy.html). Please turn your cell phones or tablets to airplane mode and then switch them off before entering the building.
Conference in French only
Date: Saturday May 14, 2016
Venue : 2700, rue Diab, Ville Saint-Laurent, H4S 1E8
Registration: 12:30 pm
Conference: 1:00 – 4:30 pm
Suggested donation: $10 or more
Please confirm your presence:
Michel Gaudet, Vice-President and Executive Director ASEQ-EHAQ.
Les hypersensibilités environnementales (chimiques, électromagnétiques, moisissures, etc.) : Accommodements dans le milieu de travail
Stéphane Bélainsky, Professional in Electromagnetic Hygiene
Les hypersensibilités électromagnétiques : Comment se protéger
Click here to view the poster
Annual General Meeting (AGM) and conference in Montréal, March 12, 2016.
For details, please click here
For directions, please click here
Thank you to our sponsors for the AGM and conference.
URGENT - PLEASE NOTE:
Our telephone and fax numbers have changed!
Here is our new contact information
Tel : 514 332 4320
Fax: 514 364 5621
The following are upcoming events and our activities in 2015:
1. Workshops in French in Montréal for people who suffer from environmental sensitivities and their entourage.
QUAND L’ENVIRONNEMENT REND MALADE: Besoin de comprendre besoin d’agir.
From 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. on the following dates:
Spaces are limited. Please call in to register – 514-332-4320 or email us at email@example.com
2. Find out about health services in the Montreal area on Sunday June 28.
Click here to see poster.These services can include Massage Therapy, Reflexology, Far Infrared Therapy, Osteopathy, Blood & Allergy testing. Scent-free accommodation can be provided.
Eco-Journal March 2015
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AND CONFERENCE MARCH 21 2015
Date: Saturday, March 21, 2015
Venue: 2700 Diab Street, St Laurent, H4S 1E8
Registration: 11:30 a.m.
Time: AGM: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Presentations: 1:15 – 4:30 p.m.
Agenda for the conferences (1:15 – 4:30 p.m.)
1. Environmental Sensitivities (chemical, electromagnetic, mould, etc.): A disabling illness. Barry Breger, MD. (1:15 – 1:45 p.m.)
2. Is there a bio-physical mechanism that explains electromagnetic sensitivities? Paul Héroux, Ph.D. Occupational Health Program Director, Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University Medicine (1:45 – 2:30 p.m.)
Using data generated by Russian researchers in the 80’s and with the result of his research at the Royal Victoria Hospital, a coherent explanation of the physical-biological mechanism that supports the action of very small electromagnetic fields as they are found in the normal environment will be presented.
Break 2:30 – 2:45 p.m.
3. Environmental Hypersensitivities: coping or avoiding, which strategy for you? David O’Hare, MD (2:45 – 4:15 pm)
What is hypersensitivity from a physiological standpoint?
- Coping or avoiding, what are today's answers?
- General information on body adaptation to the environment, what happens when the body is overwhelmed?
- The major role of breathing in adaptation.
- Demonstration, explanation and adaptation of Heart Coherence breathing techniques to hypersensitivity.
- How to practice two very simple breathing exercises, shown and performed with the whole attendance.
4. Closing. Michel Gaudet, Vice-Président, ASEQ-EHAQ. (4:15 – 4:30 p.m.)
Kindly RSVP your presence for either the AGM or the conferences, or both at: firstname.lastname@example.org / 4502405700.
Click here for the poster.
IMPORTANT, PLEASE NOTE:
Persons with chemical and electromagnetic sensitivities will be present. Please note that this is a fragrance and tobacco odour free event
Please turn cell phones and tablets to airplane mode before entering the building.
Looking for Volunteers for the month of May!
- Wear a green ribbon for environmental sensitivities during the month of
- Give out information postcards on environmental sensitivities (Contact us
- Sign our petition to the National Assembly of Québec for the use of less to
non-toxic products and a scent free policy in hospitals and other health
Don't have time to volunteer? You can still show support by voluntarily not wearing fragrances for the month of May!
Website of our project with UQÀM and TÉLUQ
This candle also burns in memory of the millions of people suffering from environmental sensitivities, who often suffer in silence, misunderstood, isolated, without health or social social services, and without recognition from the authorities charged with protecting public health and the environment.